Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quincy Chronicles

At daycare, one of her teachers names is "Ms. Azra". One morning when I dropped her off, Ms. Azra told me that the day before she heard a little voice yelling "Azzzzra!" "Azzzzra!" She turned around and it was Quincy! She said it was the first time a child called her name like that in that age group. So cute.




The same morning Ms. Azra also showed me a class poster they were putting together to hang in the hallway and Quincy was the "star". They put Quincy's picture large, right in the middle of the poster with a caption by it. Quincy was playing with sponges in water in the photo. When I picked her up that afternoon, her other teacher asked if I saw the poster and the Daycare manager also asked if I saw it. They all sounded so proud of it :) I'm convinced she's their favorite, but of course, we're a little biased, huh?

Lastly, yesterday morning, she was playing with her little (well, pretty big) house. When it was time to go to daycare, she got upset when I tried to take her away from it. She carried it by herself all the way out to the car. She somehow managed to hold onto it as I lifted her into her car seat and she played with it all the way to school. Luckily, when we got there, she dropped it and forgot about it. I was convinced she was going to insist on bringing it in for show & tell!


12/18/08
All of the sudden, she is spouting out words! She is such a little copycat so Daddy will have to watch his potty mouth :) This weekend she said:
toe
sock (saaaaawwww)
fish
tutu (when we put on her Christmas Tutu - send you pics soon)
bite (biiiiii)
eat
dog
daisy (it actually sounds like it now)
outside (side)

No comments:

Post a Comment