Sunday, January 24, 2010

LOST

I always dreaded the day, but never really thought it would happen. Little pink bear is LOST. I am so distraught I can't even believe it. It's just a dumb little pink (well, now brown) bear, right? Well tell that to a two-year-old or a very sentimental mother! We went to dinner tonight and of course, bear was in tow as usual. I remember tossing him into my purse as we packed up out things to leave the restaurant and that's the last we saw of him. After turning the house upside down and driving BACK to the restaurant, wandering up and down every parking lot aisle with a flashlight and searching the lost and found at two restaurants, he is yet to be found. You better believe I'll be there first thing this morning searching again. I haven't been able to sleep thinking about all the precious moments Quincy has had with that little companion. The way she would snuggle with it to her nose and wrap her little finger in its ribbon. My heart is breaking. She went to sleep okay with her last words being "You're gonna find my bear?" Now, as I lay awake, I hear her say over and over in her sleep , "My beaow? My beaow? (or however you spell her pronunciation). Ahhh, I feel so helpless! This is horrible. I am so, so sad. Pray we find it tomorrow in some silly, random place. I just ordered a new one online tonight, hoping it's the same one, but of course, it won't be the same.

Ironically, I just took these photos earlier this week. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment