Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feeling a little neurotic

for taking SO MANY photos of my child. I know, to any outsiders (meaning anyone other than doting grandparents) that this blog seems to be somewhat overboard on photos of the same poor, poor child. I really don't mean to portray the complete imbalance it appears I have. I just have this deep, deep desire to improve because I have found such a passion for photography and I can't seem to put the camera down. Unfortunately for Quincy, she happens to be my only model on a daily basis and well, I just don't ever get sick of her although I can't imagine she shares the sentiment. If you're here, reading this, then you already know what to expect next. Yep, a whole new batch of the little red head that could...

The photos below are from the past few days. Quincy decided on such a cute dress on Friday that I decided to try a mini "shoot" that I've always wanted to try. I couldn't let her just run around the house looking so ravishing! We headed to Party City and picked up a dozen balloons, making sure they were perfectly coordinated with her dress. She was so excited. What kid doesn't love balloons? We didn't have much time before her nap so we just stopped at a field behind our house. Everything was perfect. The field was green , the sky was blue and the weather was perfect. Only problem was the slight breeze. You see, the second we opened the doors, Q began to freak. She was convinced the balloons were going to fly away even though I make darn sure they were weighted down. Silly me, thinking I could reason with her once we were out of the car, decided to carry a crying toddler, camera and balloons over a barbed wire fence, through the mud, into the weeds and over a canal only to find out she refused to leave my side and was in such a panic about the balloons that the tears wouldn't stop rolling. Fun, fun. Not my idea of a successful photo shoot. After traumatizing my child, I threw in the towel and tried to salvage the few photos I did snap and that were barely in focus. Who knew balloons would cause such drama. Anyone who has a child NOT terrified of flying away with a bunch of balloons, let me know! I'd still love to experiment with the idea with a more willing model :)







No comments:

Post a Comment