Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mamma's Day!

Well, a great Mother's Day weekend started out Friday when I joined Quincy at her daycare for "Muffins with Mommy". It was our first Mother's Day "school event", so I had to go. Plus, I had this awful vision of her being the only child there motherless with all the other mommies there with their kids. Ended up that it was only me and one other mommy and it was probably harder for Q to see me for a brief while than not at all. None-the-less, I felt good I went and could spend some time at her school with her. They gave us mother's day gifts (pictured below) that made me cry. Here's what it said:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

(I need a tissue break)
And, with that, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there. I am finally getting a taste of the sacrifice, sweat, worry and glory of being a mother. I only hope that Quincy and I can be as good of friends as my mom and I. Mom, I LOVE YOU so much. I have to laugh at myself when I catch myself saying things you say or mannerisms you have. I love it.

I also owe my mom a huge thank you for coming out for the weekend to run around after the little energizer bunny so I could attend my long-awaited photo workshop. It was a great weekend and I learned a ton at the workshop. Thanks to my hun for the "early" birthday gift. While it didn't make me amazing instantly, I think I'm on the right track. I'll use having a toddler as an excuse for photos out of focus for as long as I can get away with it. Anyway, enough about photography...

Today was very low key. A trip to the grocery store was all we did, but it was nice to have a day at home. Q and I played in the backyard for a while (pictures below).



No comments:

Post a Comment