Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Friday in Heaven

On Friday, Quincy and I had a fun, fun day since the weather decided to be nice for once. It was such a fun day spent with my love bug, just her & I. We did our typical errand running, but the highlight of the day was Freestone Park. We rode the carousel and the train, watched the ducks and played on the playground. It was so nice to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air. I am totally looking forward to more outings now.

The rest of the weekend followed suit. We didn't do anything too spectacular, but we spent the whole weekend as a family and it was awesome. There is nothing better than just hanging out together. My cell phone finally bit the dust for good, so we finally had an excuse to upgrade. My only requirement was a keypad so I can text faster since I am the slowest text-er on the planet. While I took Q to McDonalds (her favorite hang out), Marshal was left with the task of picking out my phone. Much to my surprise, he decided to get us both Blackberries! Yay! Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone has a blackberry or iPhone these days, but if you've seen our old phones, I think you'd understand my excitement. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he got them only because they were buy one, get one free, which meant, he got one too ;) Regardless, thank you Hun, for the phone AND the great weekend!

Other than that, I'll just note for my own information that Quincy's favorite things in the world at this moment are still her pink bear, Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Mac & Cheese, and her birthday dress. Her potty training has gone BACKWORDS. Gulp. She pretty much refuses to sit on the potty now. I am in denial and hoping it's just a phase. I have a nail polish that is supposed to curb her thumb-sucking but I can't bring myself to use it just yet. I just don't want her to grow up. As long as she still sucks her thumb, she's my baby! She's super polite (when she's not hitting or screaming!) and she says "Danks ____" all the time. She's still swimming like a champ. Her eating habits are getting so much better, this week at least. And, she still loves to look at herself. It's no wonder with a camera in her face at all times and a mom and dad constantly telling her how beautiful she looks as she prances (yes, literally) around the house holding out her skirt. "I love YOU, Q"!!!!



Deep thought on the carousel... "I'm on the orange pony but I really wanted to ride the pink one. If the acceleration of the spin can act as a catalyst to create a chain reaction, then the diffraction will cause an electromagnetic wave, changing my equilibrium, thus breaking my gravity and causing the perfect amount of inertia, forcing me onto the pink horse." OR, she may have just been thinking, "I just peed."

Watching the ducks.


Walking like a duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment